For the Best Views over Morecambe take a walk along the footpath up to the top of Torrisholme Barrow.
At 41m (135ft) above sea level (see trig point) the hill top provides 360 degree panoramic views of the bay.
- Look towards the South and you'll may see Lancaster Castle and Ashton Memorial in Lancaster.
- To the North is Hest Bank village and the northern end of the Bay.
- To the East the Bay and Grange-over-Sands and down to Heysham Power Stations.
- To the West farmland and Bay Gateway (M6 bypass)
The Barrow is used as a large cattle pasture for much of the year but is popular with walkers and dog walkers (on lead when cattle are present).
You can access the Barrow from a number of locations.
- The top of Hexham Road is ideal if you drive and it is an easy stroll up to the summit
- There is a pubic footpath from Low Lane near Alston Drive that takes you through Low Land Wood
It is also a simple walk from Bare Lane Station or Princes Crescent.